If you’re up for memorizing A-Verse-A-Week, you’re in the right spot! Below is EVERYTHING you need to know.
God’s Word instructs us too. Here are just a FEW verses:
- “I have not departed from the commandment of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my portion of food.” -Job 23:12
- “This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success..” -Joshua 1:8
- “I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope;” -Psalm 130:5
- “but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.” -Psalm 1:2
- “This God—his way is perfect; the word of the Lord proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.” -2 Samuel 22:31
- “How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word.” -Psalm 119:9
- “Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts.” -Jeremiah 15:16
- “The Lord God has given me the tongue of those who are taught, that I may know how to sustain with a word him who is weary. Morning by morning he awakens; he awakens my ear to hear as those who are taught.” -Isaiah 50:4
- “All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.” -2 Timothy 3:16-17
- And, basically, ALL of Psalms 119!
LINKS to get started!
If you want to invite others, use THIS page: christymartinphotography.com/a-verse-a-week-scripture-memory/
FACEBOOK Page with links and WEEKLY reminders: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3488167231437452
Printable WEEKLY Verses: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vTA6zdbUR-KFqWjDqWEJvGwB2okqYFF2jqne2j837WDXKdExQSRqMRU3smHFin1pA7bN_PEqozDeeTL/pub
Spreadsheet with WEEKLY Bible Reading Plan: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOPKegFUGJ8jZ7w4gLsxqITFs0e7qZCDH0oXro9ujXGdH5JY_16KWuw3EIT0xyc6b8Ey7qR_dBp_cJ/pubhtml
Why is Bible READING important? https://christymartinphotography.com/discovering-the-bible/
Which Bible PLAN are you following?
The Bible Recap is a plan that goes through the entire Bible chronologically (follows in the historical order in which they happened) in 1-year. If you’d like to ALSO read scripture daily (which I’d HIGHLY recommend!), you may use the guide here: https://www.thebiblerecap.com/start
(You can also download the Bible App to help you keep track of where are you. If you’d like, the Bible Recap offers podcasts, books and other resources that quickly explain what you read that day.)
WHERE can I find the verses?
Lord willing, I hope to post each one weekly on Facebook and Instagram. (If you’re not on these, just text me each week.) Also, there’s a link above with all the verses.
Which VERSION of the Bible are you using?
There’s always difference in opinions around this topic. I chose ESV, but if you prefer KJV (or something else), change it up!
How did you choose the VERSES?
You may have weeks when you grumble, “How could she have possibly left out that verse?” If a verse is that special to you, memorize IT instead of what’s listed! (Remember, no rules!)
I tried to choose verses that I believed would be beneficial to help OURSELVES or OTHERS in our spiritual walk. (For example, the very first week was full of great creation verses from Genesis. However, I personally need a reminder that “…sin is crouching at the door…”.)
WHY ARE THERE MORE THAN ONE VERSE ON SOME WEEKS?
You’ll quickly notice there are some exceptions to “A” Verse. Many weeks have several verses that are used in context together. Other weeks have a choice of two or three verses to choose from. (Because I simply could NOT choose!) Lastly, there were several important ‘lists’ in the Bible that I thought was beneficial for memory.
May I invite others to join?
YES, of course! Feel free to forward any verses, attachments or (blog, Facebook, etc.) links.
HOW do I memorize?
I hope the Facebook page can offer encouragement, ideas and accountability. But based on your learning style, there’s lots of ‘tricks‘ to memorize information, regardless of your age.
Here’s just a FEW, but I’d love to hear more of your ideas too!
- Writing it out
- Drawing it out
- Hanging notecards on your refrigerator or bathroom mirror
- SONGS! (You can find a lot on YouTube!)
- Having a partner
- PRAY that the Lord will HELP YOU! (When something is in God’s will, He WILL help you! Just ASK!)
Ruthie wrote an essay on why SCRIPTURE MEMORY is important. This paper motivated ME to make it a priority!